The family property was built by the brother of the last duchess of Kurzeme Dorothea - earl Janno von Medem. During the Second World War the Ville Medem was burning, but the walls and the portico survived. In 1946. it was decided to restore the building which was an unusual decision for Jelgava, as many architectural masterpieces damaged or burnt during the war were simply demolished. Villa Medem recovered the original look and shape of its facade by taking down the extensions added at the later years. There were new elements added to the building and it was adapted for the needs of Jelgava flax factory clubhouse. The interior of Villa Medem has not survived and currently the building is in the process of change to be reborn again.
Villa Medem is available for group tours, with prior booking.
Villa Medem offers premises for rent for various events. 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the “Villa Medem Children’s Fund” (excluding VAT).