Valdeka palace was built in the 17th century outside Jelgava. In 1848, the owners of the palace became the Reke family and decided to reconstruct the building. Therefore, in 1860s Kristofs Karlis fon der Reke reconstructed the building in Neo-Gothic style. During the post-war years, as its rooms were rebuilt several times, the palace had served as the multi-apartment building, laboratory, office building and kindergarten.
Today Valdeka palace is a study and work place for students and teaching staff of the Chair of Landscape Architecture Planning of the Faculty of Environment and Civil Engineering of Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies.
Group excursions by booking ahead of time in University museum with the guide Ina Jurģe by calling +371 63005617.