Zaļenieki Lutheran Church

By the order of the Duke of Gothard Kettler, around 1571 Zaļenieki Lutheran Church was built to replace the Catholic Chapel. The current masonry building was completed in 1872. The dark oak interior creates very interesting and peculiar acoustics - sounds do not flow as in churches with high ceiling vaults, but they somehow get absorbed by the wooden boards. The old organ has been preserved in the church, which was built by P.K. Hermanis in 1862. The altar of the church is composed of the elevation decorated with a cross and candlelights and the altar painting by J.Hinner (1873). Next to the church is a cemetery for the WWI soldiers. The bell of the church tower is the largest in Jelgava County.

Apmeklētājiem pieejama ekskursija un stāstījums par draudzes vēsturi, Aspaziju, Andreju Stērsti, Grāfienes Aleksandrīnes Medemas un viņas meitu 1973.gadā krustdūrienā izšūto paklāju un Zaļenieku pagasta vēsturi, kā arī iespēja ieklausīties ērģeļu skaņās. Draudzē notiek kristības, iesvētības, laulības un koncerti.

Darba laiks

Tūrisma sezonā baznīcu var apmeklēt sestdienās no plkst. 10:00 līdz 18:00, svētdienās no plkst. 10:00 līdz 16:00.

Apmeklētāji tiek apkalpoti arī darbdienās, iepriekš piesakoties pa tālruni 26747240.

Jelgava Coun., Zaļenieku pag.
26747240
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Working hours - please call