According to the act of the church foundation in 1567, St Anna’s Lutheran Cathedral is the oldest building of Jelgava that has been preserved until the present day. It is also the first Lutheran church in Latvia that was restored after the World War II.
St. Anna's Lutheran Cathedral is one of the few mannerism-style monuments in Latvia. The gothic elements of the church are the pointed tower and high windows. The altar painting by Jānis Rozentāls the Christ and Samaritan (1910) is part of Latvian art monuments. In 1994, the organ made by the Gothenburg master Olaf Hammarberg in 1938 was installed. The organ has 37 registers and 2072 pipes. With its mighty sound, the organ serves not only the needs of the church, but also brings together many connoisseurs of spiritual music. There are regular classical music concerts held at the church, where high-level Latvian and foreign musicians perform.
The concerts of spiritual and classical music are held in the church with the participation of high class musicians from Latvia and abroad.
Visitors are welcome during the services on Wednesdays at 18.00 and Sundays at 10.00. It is possible to arrange a visit at another time with the coordinator Jānis Buķis (phone 29838877).