The monument is dedicated to 14 cadets of Latvia Military school killed in the fights against the Bermontians in November of 1919. The monument, which was designed by the artist Jānis Borkovskis in the shape of a pyramid covered with travertine plates, was unveiled on May 29, 1935 by Marģerts Skujenieks, Deputy of the Prime Minister. The monument was blown up in 1951, but it was restored in November 17, 1990. The author of the restored monument was Gunārs Heimanis, the engineer was Edmunds Krūms.
- Tourism services
- Useful information