St. Simeon’s and St. Anna’s Orthodox Cathedral
63020207
Jelgava, Raiņa iela 5

St. Simeon’s and St. Anna’s Orthodox Cathedral was designed by architect N. Chagin and built during 1890-1892, with the financial support of Russian Czar Alexander III. The altar and foundation remained from the previous church which was built in 1774 according to the design of the architect F.B. R... Read more

 Jelgava Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Virgin Mary
630 29 702
Jelgava, Katoļu iela 11

The church was designed by the architect K.E. Strandmanis and it was built in 1906. The church is in pseudo-Gothic style and it is splendidly decorated. There is a bas-relief "The Last Supper" above the entrance which is the art work of local importance. During World War II the church caught fire; t... Read more

 St. Anna’s Lutheran Cathedral
29123969
Jelgava, Lielā iela 22a

According to the act of the church foundation in 1567, St Anna’s Lutheran Cathedral is the oldest building of Jelgava that has been preserved until the present day. It is also the first Lutheran church in Latvia that was restored after the World War II. St. Anna's Lutheran Cathedral is one of the fe... Read more

 St. John’s Lutheran Church
63023790
Jelgava, Jāņa iela 1
 The Church of the Dormition of the Holy Mother of God in Jelgava
63021006
Jelgava, Dzirnavu iela 1

The church of the Dormition of the Holy Mother of God in Jelgava was blessed on August the 28th 1889 by one of the most renowned orthodox archbishops of Latvia, archbishop Arseniy. The church was built by V. A. Lunsky, at the time – the official architect of the eparchy.  Read more

 Affiliate of Rīga St. Trinity Sergius Female Monastery in Valgunde
63085215, 63085244
Jelgava Coun., Valgundes pag.

The construction of Orthodox monastery was initiated in 1897, when six sisters arrived from the monastery in Rīga and settled down in a small wooden house. Afterwards they built one church with the assistance of Kalnciems factory workers, then the second church in 1909. The monastery survived World... Read more

 Lielvircava Lutheran Church
26547117; 29723404
Jelgava Coun., Platones pag.

The oldest stone building in Jelgava county - it was built in 1595. The church suffered heavily in World War II. The items of artistic value which had survived were transported to the Rundale Palace Museum in the 70s of the 20th century. The interior of the church has been renovated for several tim... Read more

 Zaļenieki Lutheran Church
26747240, 26137247
Jelgava Coun., Zaļenieku pag.

By the order of the Duke of Gothard Kettler, around 1571 Zaļenieki Lutheran Church was built to replace the Catholic Chapel. The current masonry building was completed in 1872. The dark oak interior creates very interesting and peculiar acoustics - sounds do not flow as in churches with high ceiling... Read more

 Līvbērze Catholic Church
29413174
Jelgava Coun., Līvbērzes pag.

The church was built in 1684 from logs and covered with planks in the 19th century. It used to be a Lutheran church until 1729 when the baron of Līvbērze Manor - Lieven married a Polish Countess and adopted the Catholic faith. Read more

 Sesava Lutheran Church
28261210
Jelgava Coun., Elejas pag.

The stone church was built in 1633 to replace the original wooden church that was built in 1567 by order of Gotthard Kettler, the Duke of Courland. The church has typical features of a church of Courland: a rather modest exterior, but much decorated interior with an emphasis on the altar. Extensive... Read more

 Dalbe Lutheran church
28378341
Ozolnieki Coun., Cenu pag., Dalbe

In 1869, by the design of the Russian governor's architect Nikolay Gusevich, a stone church was constructed in Dalbe with a tower on a pediment. The bell of the tower was cast in 1927. The church was built from torn rocks, and is one of the most remarkable examples of late 19th-century neo-gothic st... Read more