Jelgava Holy Trinity Church Tower
The Holy Trinity Church tower is the most attended tourism object in Jelgava city. In 1574 Gotthard Kettler, the duke of Courland and Semigalia, ordered a new masonry house of worship to be built. It was the first newly built Lutheran masonry church in Europe and the largest church in Zemgale. After the church was destroyed in 1944 it was not rebuilt, however the bell tower retained its place. In November 2010, after major reconstruction work, Holy Trinity Church Tower was reborn in a new form.